As 2016 comes to a close, your TSI Healthcare Government Affairs team would like to take the opportunity to provide your practice with some helpful tips and important reminders. If you have any questions regarding the items addressed below, please open a ticket with email@example.com and a member of our team will contact you.
Hot Topics Webinar: Sign Up Now!
Registration for TSI Healthcare’s December Hot Topics webinar is now open! This webinar series is offered weekly with different topics rotating on a monthly basis. You will not want to miss these exclusive, educational webinars. Your practice is required to attend one of these live sessions per month or watch a live recording.
- Please click here to register now! You will not want to miss these exclusive, educational webinars!
Custom Lab Descriptions – Quality Reporting Via NextGen HQM
- If your practice plans to report any CMS or PQRS measures that involve lab orders or lab results, please log a ticket below for assistance configuring your Custom Lab Descriptions via NextGen HQM.
- Configuring lab descriptions in HQM will help ensure your providers get credit for any labs they place via lab interfaces that do not use the out of the box NextGen Lab Compendium.
Please click the “Submit A Request” button below to submit a ticket.
- On November 1, 2016, CMS announced changes to MU including an adjusted 90-day reporting period for 2016.
- Important: The 90-day reporting period must be consecutive; it cannot be broken up throughout the year.
- Providers will be able to submit their attestation on the EHR Incentives Program website starting in January 2017.
With only four weeks left in the final 90-day period of 2016, it is extremely important that your practice
is working hard to confirm providers are compliant and meeting all required MU measures.
- The PQRS 2016 reporting period will end December 31, 2016. Your practice should be working diligently to ensure that all of your eligible providers are meeting reporting criteria.
- Practices must notify TSI Healthcare on which submission method and reporting options you are using for PQRS 2016. Please open a ticket via firstname.lastname@example.org with this information.
- If you state you are reporting via TSI Healthcare through NextGen’s HQM Module, your PQRS Specialist will reach out to you with the next steps in the PQRS & submission process.
- CMS has released providers’ 2015 Full-Year Quality & Resource Use Report (QRUR) for review.
- The information in these reports will be used to help calculate providers’ 2017 Value Modifier (upward, neutral, or downward payment adjustment).
- The 2015 Full-Year QRUR can be accessed on the CMS Enterprise Portal using an Enterprise Identity Management (EDIM) account with the correct role. Additional instructions on how to obtain your Full-Year QRUR report can be found on the How To Obtain a QRUR web page.
Security & Risk Analysis
- MU Objective 1: Protect Health Information that requires the provider conduct a security risk analysis, implement security updates as necessary and correct identified security deficiencies.
- Practices must complete their Security & Risk Analysis by December 31, 2016.
- Important: A Security & Risk Analysis is NOT a checklist. This analysis should be a thorough review of your practices’ security policies and procedures.
- TSI Healthcare cannot complete your Security & Risk Analysis for you as this is practice-specific. For helpful tools and resources to assist you with this process, please visit the Security & Risk Analysis section of our MU Central Website.